Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 2 Reading, continued: Saints and Animals



             Reading Diary: Saints and Animals


            I am using this Reading Diary #2 to take notes from Saints and Animals, this will allow me to take pieces of the story that I like and get a general idea of how I want to build my story at the end of the week.
            Notes from Saints and Animals:
·       The setting of the Welsh Coast, which is known for its beautiful scenery, but also is known for the terrible storms that happen there.
·       “The island was one of those high mountains poking up out of the sea, with green grass on top, like colored frosting to a cake; and gray rocks below, all hollowed out into deep caves and crannies, as if mice had been nibbling at the cake.” (Brown) – I liked the way they described it.
·       I like how they started the story by giving background information that really draws you in as a reader and sparks a connection.
·       The child, Ailbe, found more comfort with the wolves and in nature, than in a populated area with people that talked to him.
·       Ailbe never forgot his past (roots) and who raised him when he was left to be lost forever. – I like this attribute of a character.
·       The characteristic that Saint Francis has is warming because the essence or vibe puts off is full of positivity, which flows off of him into the people/creatures that surround him.
·       Saint Francis was all about being helpful and sympathizing with all. 

 Author: (Abbie Farwall Brown)



No comments:

Post a Comment