Monday, January 18, 2016

UnTextbook Blog



Week 2 Unit: Saints and Animals
Picture of Saint Francis
 
           I chose this Biblical Unit because anything biblical interests me, so I’m just choosing out of random. This is new to me, so I do not know if I will be able to make connections between it and movies/tv/etc.
·       Saints and Animals
Other Units that Spark Interests:
·       I listen to a rap artist named Aesop Rock, so that’s why I chose this Classical Unit. This is also new to me, so I do not know if I will be able to make connections between it and movies/tv/etc.
·       Jataka Tales (Babbitt)
·       I chose this because it goes intact with Saints and Animals, so I want to see the correlation between the two stories.

1 comment:

  1. Now you have made me curious about Aesop Rock, Cody! The Aesop's fables units are really cool, and I bet some of them will be familiar to you. If you like those fables, you can actually do Aesop's fables for both Week 2 and Week 3; there are literally hundreds of Aesop's fables, and they are a lot of fun to work with — those two units each contain different fables, lots of short stories, all with some kind of moral and/or joke that goes with them. Because they are super-short, you can let your imagination really go wild when you retell them.

    ReplyDelete