Saturday, January 30, 2016

Brainstorming Mythology & Folklore Storybook Style Topics



Portfolio Storytelling Styles

1.    Possible Style: Breaking News
As I am a big time sports fanatic, there are not many better options for telling a story about a happening in sports than Breaking News. Any time there is something major that happens with in the sports world it comes in the form of Breaking News. This gives me a platform to express an exciting announcement regarding my sports news, in a form like ESPN breaking enormous sports news. 
Research So Far: 
I looked into the “CZECH News 9” Storybook to find this style. It gave me a good sense of how I can tell a story through the sports news segment, in which I can use the news as a way of an interview and getting great information right from the source or people very closely connected to the source, instead of words being passed down through the grapevine.
2.    Possible Style: Object In a Museum
This is another way I can construe a story about sports because it allows me to put an object of great standing to those in the sports world, but also those who are interested in the history behind that object in the museum. It gives me a great platform to indulge into the tradition and all of the stories that are behind whatever objects are in the museum for my story.
Research So Far:
I looked at the description of what I can do regarding using the style of the “Object in a Museum” style. I see that I can give a brief description of the museum, and place the story from the perspective of a museum worker telling brief stories of the object, or allowing the display and placard do the storytelling.
3.    Possible Style: Motivational Speaker
What else helps people in the sports community or world than a good ole fashioned motivational speaker, they bring energy to every occasion, on and off the field. Motivational speaker may not get the glitz and glamour, but do a lot of beneficial things regarding helping any sports teams get through any situation, no matter what the subject matter is at hand. This style would allow me to give a motivational speech to team before they play a big game.
Research So Far:
 I looked at the description of a Motivational Speaker led story could be like, so it would allow me to deliver a really positive message that I can construe from the story that you might never know help one of us, if it is a message that we can relate to. I can fit that positive message in the story, turn the story into a motivational speech, in which I choose the storyteller to be a parent, a coach, or whoever I can think of that would best suit the direction in which I am driving my story towards.
4.    Possible Style: 5 Motifs
In my opinion, this is my best option of writing each of my stories because it gives me a lot of artistic freedom, which is something I really like to have when I am constructing and developing a story. I love this concept of 5 Motifs because I can take 5 characteristics from the stories I decide to read and pull them out, then integrate those objects into my story in a way that I feel comfortable with and fits the overall feel of the story. I feel like the other styles put a constriction of what I can do with my stories.
Research So Far:
The biggest point of my research so far is what I used for my first story in this class being the map I 

used to develop my story by pulling out certain structures and characters from the map and legend, it 

gave me a lot of artistic, creative freedom for my writing process and I could easily flow through my 

writing by developing my own thoughts and ideas for the setting, character’s characteristics, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment