Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Week 11 Reading Diary, continued



King Arthur: Part Two
·       He stopped when he arrived at a stone cross which laid next to it was a block of marble. He tied his horse up to a three, hung his shield there and looked into the chapel. The altar of the church was covered with silk and a candlestick that had six branches made of silver. There was a great light that beamed from it in which prompted Sir Lancelot to enter it, but he could not. He went back to where his horse was and laid down to rest.
·       As he lay there, he witnessed two white palfreys go by. They stopped at the stone cross and the Knight said, "O sweet Lord, when shall this sorrow leave me, and when shall the Holy Vessel come by me, through which I shall be blessed? For I have endured long, though my ill deeds were few."
·       As he spoke these words, the candlestick from the chapel stood before the cross and brought with it a table of silver and the Holy Vessel of the Graal.
·       The Knight got up and on his hands and knees he moved toward the Holy Vessel, and prayed, his sickness went away.
·       The Graal, the light and the candlestick entered back into the chapel. Sir Lancelot wanted to follow them, but the weight of his sins weighted him down.
·       The Knight acknowledged Sir Lancelot lying at his feet with his eyes shut. He knew that he was in deep sin that he has never confessed of.
·       "My sin and my wickedness have done me this dishonour, for when I sought worldly adventures for worldly desires I ever achieved them and had the better in every place, and never was I discomfited in any quarrel, were it right or wrong. And now I take upon me the adventures of holy things, I see and understand that my old sin hinders me, so that I could not name nor speak when the Holy Graal passed by."


No comments:

Post a Comment